Tuesday, January 26, 2010

12k vert and counting...



When I was interviewed a few years back at UM for my seasonal depression, I realized it must be a well known fact that I have a grade A case of SAD (Seasonal Affected Disorder ;( It's been quite bothersome my whole life. Some would say the easy solution would be to fly south to TCH every winter with Owen and the crew. While ultimately this would be ideal, at the moment I must bloom where I'm planted. I've tried almost every possible method of staying in shape. The problem is I can't control what I eat, only what I burn. When the workouts don't equal what i eat, it snowballs into muffintops, depression and ultimately doing nothing until mountain bike season. Last winter was an exception, I couldn't afford to leave the ranch so I just ran and did situps. However now I have enough $$$ to drive off the property at will so I'm back in the same boat, treats, beers, meat, etc. I was beginning to worry about next season until my buddy el bandito gave me the best gift a boy could get; climbing skins. With this amazing gift I've been assaulting the Big Mountain at will. Now i don't fear the scale, I find the competition laughable and my destiny is back in my control. There are no surprises with vert, its a very simple truth, put in work and see results. Slaying the hill thursday night and all weekend if anyone wants to get cryptic!

1 comment:

Jeffro said...

don't stop 'til you crack a million.