Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Pip vs Trail Round Deux: Canmore.

Well the score is Trail 1, Pip 0. I guess I never gave the trail the respect of a recap after it kicked my butt at the Firecracker 50. The trail did not relent in Breckenridge, I was a mere mortal trying to do more than my legs could push. To be fair, most of my training for one month leading up to the race was riding my beach cruiser to get Latte's on the way to work, and then riding it for cold ones after work. The transition into corporate life was difficult at first, but I think I've got it dialed in a little better this time around. I basically just need to plan my life to the minute between now and 24 Hours of Moab, the finale of Pip vs. Trail 2010.

I am overconfident as ever going into this weekend's 24 Hours of Canmore: Pip vs Trail Round Deux.The fellas are flying right now, I dropped off the big rig for some fresh lube, and America is better than the rest of the world, especially Canada. After attempting my first fifty, I realized how much more I prefer 24 relays to ultra events. I would much rather do six 15 mile hot laps than sit there and suffer for 100 miles. I am really excited for this weekend. We just had a great weekend of epic road rides at the 9th annual Highline Hammer and we all feel great.

At the request of upper management, I am not to use my USB broadband card while in foreign countries, so I will save the results for Monday. But I assure you, it won't be anything like round one!

No comments: