Saturday, April 3, 2010

Big Rides, Big Hides up in Flathead Country


With only a week until the Rocky Mountain Roubaix, there isn't a heck of a lot one can do at this point. You've either got the right stuff or you're pack skat for one more year. I'll be happy with any type of day that actually involves racing the full distance. Phil 1.0 was always at his worst in March and April. The last time I showed my face at Roubaix, I was "tired from the night before" and on a noodly 24 pound cross bike with knobbies. Needless to say I exited stage rear the third time up the grade. I haven't put too much pressure on myself for this weekend, as I know just about anything will be better than I've done before. That being said I'm no stick in the mud either. Here was today's ride, it was a tough one. The "Whitefish Triple Crown" created by Clint "the Monster" involves three nasty climbs, Reservoir rd, Iron Horse and Big Mountain. Lucky for him he lives in that area, I started at rancho grande. I may owe a gas station 69 cents for some 7up that got me home. I was gettin' crosseyed....

No comments: